AUTO BODY REPAIRS AND SPRAY PAINTING
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
There will be three papers, Papers 1, 2 and 3 all of which must be taken. Papers 1 and 2 will be a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
Paper 1: will consist of forty multiple-choice objective questions all of which are to be answered in 1 hour for 40 marks.
Paper 2: will consist of five essay questions. Candidates will be required to answer any four in 1½ hours for 60 marks.
Paper 3: will be a practical test of 3 hours, 10 minutes duration. It will consist of one compulsory question for 100 marks.
A list of materials for the test shall be made available to schools not less
than two weeks before the paper is taken for material procurement and
ALTERNATIVE TO PRACTICAL TEST
Alternatively, in the event that materials for the actual practical test cannot be acquired, the Council may consider testing theoretically, candidates' level of acquisition of the practical skills prescribed in the syllabus. For this alternative test, there will be one question to be answered in 3 hours for 100 marks.
RECOMMENDED READING LIST
1. The repair of vehicle bodies by Alan Robinson (3rd Edition).
2. Fundamentals of vehicle body work by J. Fairbrother.
3. Practical welding (The motivate series Mac-Milan texts for Industrial Vocational and Technical Education) by S. Gibson.
4. Fundamentals of motor vehicle technology, chassis and body electronics (5th Edition) Book 1, 2, and 3 by Hilliers V. A. W. and David R. Rogers.
5. Bodywork Maintenance and repair including interiors by Paul Browne.
6. Automotive encyclopedia by Good heart-Willcox.
7. Auto body repair and repainting by Bill Tobold.